Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I HAD THE HANG TIME

Freshman year of college out in Oklahoma playing ball on scholarship! Back in the day 2002-2003 when I had the young braids, a little hang time back there but not much! In this photo my hair wasn't in straight back's, just a lot of small plats.. I thought those of you who know me would enjoy seeing this old school ID.. Those two years spent out there in Oklahoma, I met some very cool people I still associate with til this very day! I experienced a lot of high's and low's in those 2 long years, but I wouldn't change it, I don't regret anything! I feel blessed that I went through those obstacles! For those wondering why I cut my hair.. I was told by my basketball coach that, if I wanted 2 continue to stay on scholarship and play basketball, I had to cut my hair.. He told me that the "CornRows" look thuggish and intimidated some of the people in the community! Like I said, I went through a lot out there and that situation is why I cut my hair! I did enjoy having long hair tho! This post is just something I wanted to share with you all, enjoy!

@DebonairSliim
*Feel Free to leave Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment